Sunday 13 January 2013

Neil's Story

 
It must be about five years since I joined the choir. Every Monday evening from September to March I played short mat bowling in a league in Flixton. Then people started moaning about different things and the joy of playing left me.
I was looking for something to take its place, I was held up at the Tesco traffic lights when I saw on the digital notice board that Irlam Male Voice Choir were looking for new members. The following Monday I entered the congregational church where the choir rehearse. Frank Worsley met me, took me into the church and we tried some scales. He told me "you're a baritone, sit next to Bernard Finch, he will show you what to do and when to do it".

I enjoy every minute I am working for the choir. Many of the members I knew, but I have made lots of new friends as well. At the moment I am acting as chairman and find the job very interesting. The choir still requires new members, so give us a try, come along and Monday at 7.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment